- Monday – Fridays: 8:00 am – 10:30 pm
- Weekends: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
1 WP (Spring 2022, including the week of Spring Break)
- Monday – Thursdays: 7:30 am – 9:30 pm
- Fridays: 7:30 am – 7:30 pm
- Weekends: 7:30 am – 6:30 pm
** These hours are subject to change over the course of the academic year**
Building access is managed by an access control system to maintain a safe and secure campus while providing access to campus facilities. The Identity and Access Management department follows specific practices which are designed to enhance personal safety for all members of the university community.
Students requesting card access must contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
Faculty and Staff
Scheduling and card requests for academic and administrative buildings must be filed with the specific access control coordinator(s) in each building. Once submitted and approved, faculty and staff will be granted unlimited building access.
Please review the Access to University Facilities Policy 30.1.8
- 100 Rockafeller Road – Private Offices are cleaned every Friday evening
- 1 Washington Park - Open areas and workstations are cleaned daily
- Fire alarms consist of a prerecorded evacuation message and siren sound and will activate on the floor where the alarm originated, the floor above, the floor below and within the elevator cars and exit stairwells. Signals are not designed to sound on all floors as it limits the number of people in the stairwells to ensure safe movement to the ground floor. When a fire alarm sounds, insist that everyone leave quickly via exit stairwells. Do not re-enter the buildings until it has been determined that it is safe to return. Please take this time to bookmark RU Emergency Action Plan’s: http://emergency.rutgers.edu
- Any accident that occurs in or around the perimeter of 1 Washington Park should be reported. If there is a serious injury that must be treated immediately, dial 911 and complete the report at a later date.
- FACULTY AND STAFF should report an accident by logging into http://myrehs.rutgers.edu/ , going to the Accident Database selection, entering their NetID, and following the prompts.
- STUDENTS AND VISITORS should report an accident by logging into http://riskmanagement.rutgers.edu/ and going to the link entitled ‘Online Accident Reporting Form.”
- Please be assured that every effort is being made to maintain a safe environment at RBS – 1 Washington Park. If you notice any safety hazard in the building, please report it to Dean’s Office or REHS immediately.
- Any building-related emergency should be reported to Efi McMillian (973) 353-2814 or Karin Crimmins at (848) 445-9204. After-hour emergencies should be called into the RU Police non-emergency number at (973) 353-5111.
- To ensure the safety and security of everyone, there is no smoking allowed within 20 feet of any university building. Please use the cigarette urns in these areas to dispose of cigarette butts. Smoking in prohibited areas is considered a disorderly person offense and is punishable with up to a $200 fine under NJSA 2C:3313.
- Please note that Front Desk Security is managed by RU Police Department. In the event you are locked out of your office, please dial Front Desk Security at (973)353-1901. Proof of ID is required upon re-entry of a locked out office.
- All visitors are required to check-in with Front Desk Security. Visitors will not be permitted on premises without advanced notification. Please make every effort to contact Front Desk Security
Hours and Mail Room Location:
1 Washington Park: Room 1002 located on the 10th floor
100 Rockafeller Road: Room 2073
Normal Hours of Accessibility:
RBS New Brunswick
- 24/7 – swipe access only
- Monday- Friday 9:00am – 4:45pm
- Saturday and Sunday Closed
- Closed on designated holidays.
The mailroom can be accessed at any time for those with card access.
Proof of ID is required to enter 100 Rockafeller Road and 1 Washington Park.
100 Rockafeller Road
- Front Desk Security Coverage: Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 10:30 pm; Saturday & Sunday 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
1 Washington Park
- All guests are required to show proper identification upon entry (Government-issued ID or Fidelco Washington Park Building ID)
- ALL GUESTS ARE REQUIRED TO WEAR NAME BADGES (WITH NAME AND COMPANY/GROUP NAME CLEARLY STATED) AT ALL TIMES DURING THE EVENT. (1 Washington building IDs are not required to wear name badges should building IDs be visible at all times).
- All Fidelco 1WP cardholders must formally enter 1WP space through our Front Door located on Broad Street. (The bistro entrance is not a formal entrance).
The sponsoring department is required to report university visitors to the University visitor log for contact tracing. Notification of guests must also be sent to the Front Desk Security team. Unannounced guests will not be permitted in the building with advanced notice.
- Newark: email@example.com or 973-353 -1901
- New Brunswick: Edeltraud.Gruenewald@rutgers.edu (Daytime), firstname.lastname@example.org (Evening) or 848-445-9306